The newly released Sony a5100 has won lots of attractions from videographers. The camcorder has an extremely efficient recording codec XAVC S, allowing for bit rates of 50Mbps. It also has the ability to simultaneously record 720p video while recording at higher resolutions. While, there are a few issues when it comes to viewing, loading and editing Sony Alpha a5100 XAVC S files in non-linear editing software like Final Cut Pro. Now some tips and tricks for Sony a5100 to Final Cut Pro 7 best workflow are listed below.
As far as I know the latest high definition XAVC/XAVC S video format introduced by Sony is still not supported well by Final Cut Pro 7. To edit Sony a5100 XAVC S footage in FCP 7 smoothly, a suggestion is to use Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac to transcode XAVC S to Apple ProRes, which is the most editable format supported by Final Cut Pro program.
Overall, it is the best XAVC S video converter for Mac users. It offers optimized presets ProRes 422, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes LT, ProRes 4444, ensuring maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with Final Cut Pro 7 or FCP X. So you can fast transcode XAVC S files from Sony a5100 to FPC 7 with ease. Now just download it and follow the steps below to finish the Sony XAVC S to ProRes conversion on Mac(Mavericks included).
How to Convert Sony Alpha a5100 XAVC S to ProRes for editing in FCP 7
1. Install the program on Mac and run it. Drag the XAVC S files to the software. Or you can also click “Add” button on the top of the main interface to import video to the program. It supports batch conversion and joining multiple video clips into one file.
2. Click the “Format” bar and select Final Cut Pro> Apple PreRes 422(*.mov) as output format. This format is specially designed for FCP, so that you can edit your original XAVC S video in Final Cut Pro perfectly.
3. Click the “Convert” icon under the preview window, and the Mac XAVC S converter will start transcode xavc s from Sony a5100 to Prores MOV for FCP 7 on Mac.
After the conversion, click “Open” to locate the result videos and then launch Final Cut Pro, choose File > Import > Files…, and browse to where you save the converted XAVC S clips to. Choose the videos that you’d like to add. Now you can start fun away with editing Sony a5100 XAVC S footage in Final Cut Pro 7 without problems.
1. This XAVC S to FCP Converter can also help you to encode XAVC/XAVC S video to iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro, FCE, Avid Media Composer, etc. You just need to choose a proper video format like “iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)” in the second step. For Avid Media Composer, choose “Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov)” as output; For Adobe Premiere Pro, choose Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as output.
2. Brorsfot Video Converter for Mac not only can handle XAVC S files from Sony a5100 but also MP4 and AVCHD videos. If you meet the Sony a5100 MTS/MP4 to FCP, iMovie, Avid, etc importing, editing issues on Mac OS X, it can be helpful to you as well. Just transocde Sony a5100 footage to a NLE native supported video format.
Adobe Premiere Pro and Sony 4K Raw XAVC/XAVC S Files Workflow