Nikon D810 is the successor to the D800 and has equipped with powerful hardware. Now it has become one the hottest DSLRs in the market. As a Nikon D810 owner, did you ever tried to import Nikon D810 .mov into iMovie for editing? Probably yes. But iMovie (including iMovie 11) can not handle the H.264 MOV files from D810 natively. To solve the problem, you have to convert D810 video to iMovie format- Apple InterMediate Codec on Mac OS X. Well, here is the quick guide about how to transcode Nikon H.264 files to iMovie most compatible format in high quality by a professional Nikon Video converter.
Overall, Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac, as one of the best Video converter for Nikon files, it can aid you to convert H.264 .mov recordings to iMovie as well as Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, FCE, Adobe Premiere most compatible format AIC, DNxHD, ProRes, MPEG-2 and more. It enables you to have smooth editing on all the NLS system editing programs. Follow the guide below to achieve your goal smoothly.
1. Download, install and run the Nikon Video Converter for Mac. Import Nikon D810 footage to the converter.
Tip: You can merge MOV clips into one file by checking the “Merge into one” box.
2. You can directly choose the preset for iMovie which has been supplied by the Mac converter. The setting works for iMovie 08, iMovie 09, iMovie 11. Moreover, the Mac program has some simple edit functions like cropping, splitting, adding effects etc.
3. You can click “settings” to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution, bitrate as you want.
4. Click convert button to start transcoding Nikon D810 MOV to AIC for iMovie 11 on Mac.
5. Import the converted Nikon D810 MOV files to iMovie project. Launch the iMovie, choose from File > Import > Movies …
With this Nikon MOV to iMovie converter, you can easily convert Nikon D810 files to iMovie best codec, and then you can import the footages to iMovie for editing on Mac, please take a free try, hope this software can help you.