NVIDIA SHIELD, a new ultimate entertainment portable device for us. With this Android-based gaming device, we can play Android games or stream movies, videos, music, and PC games from your PC. Get some tips and tricks below.
How does Streaming Games from my PC to Shield work?
NVIDIA uses the H.264 encoder built into GeForce GTX 650 or higher desktop GPUs along with special streaming software integrated into GeForce experience to stream games from the PC to SHIELD over the user’s home Wi-fi network with ultra-low latency. Gamers use SHIELD as the controller and display for their favorite PC games as well as for steam big picture. This enables gamers to get a GeForce GTX PC gaming experience anywhere in their home Wi-fi network.
What PC Games does Shield work with?
For beta we are supporting a select number of Steam games as well as enabling access to Steam Big Picture. Check out the complete list of supported PC games.
Configuring your PC for PC Games Streaming
Learn the step-by-step process how to set-up your PC for PC Game Streaming.
How to solve PC to SHIELD Audio Streaming Issues?
Please make sure you have attempted the following:
1) Reinstalled the latest NVIDIA Geforce Experience
2) Reinstalling Steam client. If that does not resolve your issue, try enabling Steam BETA from the Steam settings.
3) Test a supported PC streaming game to make sure it is not specific to your game:
4) Make sure the volume on your SHIELD is not all the way down
5) Update the audio drivers for your PC audio devices
6) Check that your SHIELD is running the latest NVIDIA SHIELD software. To verify, go into the Android settings by clicking on the “Settings” icon from the main home screen -> scroll down to “About SHIELD” -> scroll down and verify the “Kernel version” is dated July 26th or later.
Additional to streaming PC games to Shield, you can also stream/transfer movies, music media files to NVIDIA Shield from PC. What you’d concern is that NVIDIA Shield video format is limited to H.264, H.263, Mpeg4, VP8, MJPEG, and AVI. If you have some other video MKV, WMV, MTS, MPG, 3GP, MOV, as well as some BD, DVD movies to NIVIA Shield, you need convert these files first. Brorsoft Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate is the all-in-one tool to help you achieve your goal.
This package tool enables you to convert almost all types of videos, Blu-ray movies and DVDs to your computer or portable devices NVIDIA Shield, PS Vita, PS3, Xbox 360, Google Nexus 10/7, Kindle Fire HD, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3/4, Galaxy Tab 2/3 simultaneously saving time and effort. If you are running a Mac OS X computer, iMedia Converter Mac is the alternative choice.